Sim Experience SA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 1 Laguna Seca

+4
trevisio
Twister42
FastestE30
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Round 1 Laguna Seca Empty Round 1 Laguna Seca

Post by Admin Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 pm

We have arrived at the first round of the Haxor Computer Services South African Race Pro League.

What better, more iconic track to start off with! Laguna Seca is most famous for its infamous Corkscrew corner which is a chicane that drops several stories.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Date of meeting : 10th February 2014

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://simexperiencesa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Laguna Seca Empty Re: Round 1 Laguna Seca

Post by FastestE30 Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:08 pm

looking forward to the corkscrew lokl!! Hope u guys gonna give me a chanceĀ Laughing
FastestE30
FastestE30

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Love this track, let hope its a good meeting, which im sure it will be though! Time to start practising here hey hahaha
Twister42
Twister42

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm in
trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by supaslax Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:36 pm

in
supaslax
supaslax

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Awesome guys...been doing some practice here, notice the corkscrew is a corner you can cut a LOT lol, so please guys try not to cut it all the time lol. If its a mistake its no big issue, but as long as we dont make those mistakes each lap hahaha.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm

In the past leagues, where a track has a possible cut in it, we did something like, as soon as you realise that you've gained an advantage e.g cutting the corner (accidentally or not) at the corkscrew, its your responsibility to lift off the throttle a bit on the exit to compensate for it.
trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by supaslax Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 am

thats a good one trev.. aslong your still touching the curb with a wheel its ok, but if all 4 wheels are on the grass you need to lift the throttle, we can do the same with imola
supaslax
supaslax

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Well said Trev. Yeah so if you get 4 wheels on the dirt and gain an advantage from it, just lift off slightly. Man i got that dirt too many times last night, locking up into the corkscrew puts you straight onto it! So remember to lift in the corkscrew if you go all 4 on the dirt and gain from it, and yes Slax agreed...Imola too we need to do the same. I think these are the only tracks that have these flaws, the rest are pretty accurate in punishing for excessive track cutting!
Twister42
Twister42

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Hate this track. One of the most overrated tracks in the world.
Im in though.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui JR Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:53 am

I'm in too. Tonight, around 21h (London time) I will be on, if anyone one to have some practice:)
Cheers

Rui JR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:05 am

Hey guys.

Just to let you all know the race times are set 1.5 hour later. Practice starts at 21:30 GMT+2 and race starts at 22:30 GMT+2.

See you all there, and good luck for the races, should be one hell of a close fight throughout the pack!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey, I'm in. I'm rubbish with all these world times etc.. Is the races from 22:30 uk time?
Ta
Chris

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:04 am

20:30 uk Chris.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:19 am

Ahh ok thanks. Coolies.

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am

Great turn out last night for the races, almost too good as some could not make the race, and with full lobbies we had some lag.

Apart from lag issues, there were still some great battles to be had throughout the field. New driver Squared34 getting pole and fighting hard through all 3 races, but the ultimate winner of the meeting being Trevisio after getting a 2nd in race 1, and winning race 2 and 3. Great races Trevisio.

Great to see new drivers, and new fast drivers. All in all a very competitive field. Bootleg suffered severe lag and had to pull out, as did FastestE30. Well done to all who attended and made this a fairly successful first event. The starts are a new experience to some but all managed them well.

Many thanks to Cronnie for hosting this event, without his input this league would not be here!

Results will follow soon!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23 am

That was awesome! Thanks to all who raced, and especially Twister, Supaslax and Cronnie for organising this very fast league of like-minded racers. What a great way to spend a Monday night :-)

We will always get the odd issue like lag, but that can be i sorted out with open NAT settings and ensuring all Internet devices sharing the connection of every racer are switched off (even phones).

trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by supaslax Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:42 pm

many thanks too cronnie for helping out last minute..

great turnout and all fast and clean racers.. but the lag was really too bad, it was more a lotery who would survive the 1st corner will be on the podium. and i didnt 3 out of 4 lol.
i couldnt battle anyone because almost everyone was lagging, and i race for the battles, thats what i like the most in racin, and racepro is very very good in this..... if theres no lag.
cool you made it last minute squared34 and great pace, also nice to see ukoglee and torg again, too bad stubborngymnast couldnt join cause the lobby was full..
we really need to do something about this lag, i think my motivation will go if it stays like this, ive had enough of this lag on another site..
i think fastest and ruijr have bad connection, from fastest im sure after he took out 7 racers in 1st corner haha..offcourse because off the lag
like trevisio said. an open nat connection is a must, but for racepro also cableconnection, no wireless

supaslax
supaslax

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Yes cable connections work better and are more reliable - it's not that expensive to get the network cable either.
trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by supaslax Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 pm

yea,, please fastest and rui jr check your connection.. if theres no lag or only little this is really a great sim to battle and race, but with lag its like a lobby full of dirty racers lol.
also great to do the (ukogstyle) rollin starts again..
next races will be more laps each race.
and spa twice im up for that..
supaslax
supaslax

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey guys!

Great having you all here last night!
Ok connections, im going to see if i can help Fastest with his connection, as he was fine for a while now is playing up big time lol.

For everyone else, nat is very difficult to configure, so the easiest way to get a open nat is to all put your xbox on your routers DMZ zone. I will create a post regarding how to do this and try make it as clear as possible.

Perhaps we can also do test races, test if number of nations in a lobby makes a difference (i think it sometimes does) and test number are cars in races to get best ballance. We really need to find a good compromise for this, because at the moment we have a great group of guys, but we not able to race like we like.

Also we can see if certain hosts effect only certain people, then by rotating hosts we all have some good and some bad racers too, makes it even maybe, but thats of course only slight lag not the lag we had last night.

As for the races, the UKOG rolling start call Slax make was a great idea, it certainlyis awesome and something new to get used to. I love the 3 race format as it is, it mixed the guys up well. Lets hope we can get around this lag issue, there must be a way to make it better even if not perfect but still make it drivable.

My suggestions like mentioned here, make sure all devices are off on your internet other than xbox, including phones, pc's or tablets. They all do random internet checks which do cause some issues on occasions. Then put your xbox on the dmz zone, that dmz zone means it will be a open nat and no firewalls or policing on the xbox's ip address.

We can never make it perfect, but we can certainly make sure we all are as good as possible!
Twister42
Twister42

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui JR Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Hello guys, In 2009, when this game was released I've made a Championship. Of course there was lag issues, and in training races, we made several changes in people to see who was causing the lag. Most palyers where from europe, but we had 2 players(1 from Canada and 1 from USA) that we started a race without them to try the connection, and believe me , it made all the difference. Yesterday, I saw 2 players with a lot of lag, they were Twister42 and supaslax. I don't know if anyone saw it as well. On race 2, I believe it was from the lags, that twister42 hit me twice, sending me out of the track both of the times. But its ok, we just want to have some fun and competition.

Cheers mates

Rui JR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui JR Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:28 pm

It was very fun to have those rolling startes, very very good. I just have an opinion on the races, is just that we have few laps, we could have the double (to go to pits once), and if someone has a problem, on 7 lap races it dont have the chance to make a recover. It soudl be more or less 25 minutes of racing, each race.

Its just an opinion.

we'll race tonight Smile Cheers

Rui JR

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Awesome racing last night and think I was one of the lucky ones when it came to turn 1. Made it through unscathed pretty much everytime Smile . There was some major lag though but that's always been a problem with Racepro, especially with 8+ cars in the same lobby. Strangely I didn't seem to have lag with superslax but did with Twister, quite severely at Spa! That said when I raced him in the BMW E30s at Imola afterwards no lag was present. Perhaps the rooms are just to full?

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 am

Id recommend all set there xbox on the dmz zone for future races. See the post created on that, that should make your connections as good as possible software wise.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down