Sim Experience SA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 : Imola

+5
Twister42
duco3101
supaslax
Torg22
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 3 : Imola - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 : Imola

Post by Cronnie Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 pm

That setup tweak i made just before quali was beast. Wish i found that 3-4 days ago, i would've done high 52's - low 53's easy.
I messed up too. Could've also had an hat trick if not for taking James last out race 2.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by duco3101 Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Thanks guys,

Torg, I was driving the Alfa like everyone else I think.

It was a shame that there was only 5 of us and only 4 after the Italian guy left. I was hoping to race all of u guys.

I think this was it for me as far as official races are concerned. I can't do Monday nights unfortunately.
But I hope to do some practice races on other nights.

duco3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 am

Hey guys.

Latest points .pdf has been uploaded! Will give a complete breakdown on here tomorrow!

Admin
Admin

https://simexperiencesa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesblast46 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:43 am

Hi
Nice race, came up short on you guys. You were really flying out there.
Gongrads to the winner.
I would prefer longer races, I think maybe 7laps is to short.
maybe 2 races? 1 of 15-20 laps and a short sprintrace after, like 8 laps.
Zandvoort would be perfect, then it also comes to keeping your concentration and maybe a mandatory pitstop.
I was a little disapointed that the races were over so fast.
I also found out that I need lots of practice :-)
I will join next time and hope for a longer race for more excitement and that maybe you guys make a mistake.lol
grtzzz

Jamesblast46

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui JR Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Yes I agree with you, maybe a 20 lap race.

Rui JR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 pm

You don't wanna start messing with things. It just put people off. And no disrespect here James but at imola finished 5 to 10 seconds behind the pack. Now if your extending that over 20 laps that leaves you 15-20 seconds behind which seriously impairs you on making places on others mistakes. Also lets say race 2 had been 20 laps the likely hood of me winning would have been very high as instead of having 7 laps to make up my 10 second defecit i would have 20. And since I finished a second behind Supaslax and Torg it stands to reason over a further 13 laps i could have made that up. It ruins the whole idea of the mixed grids lengthening the races.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:15 pm

In sorry to say I do agree with you Chris. Love touring car sprint races, doing a 20 lap race will just spread out the field. No point trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:19 pm

This is a great bunch of racers we have here on Race Pro, so lets not do the classic mistake of many other good then failed series of the past by messing around too much with the already successful format we use. If we absolutely must do a much longer race, just make it a one off "cup" type event , not a whole massive championship. And let's not even try with the pitstops unless its a track 100% race pro reliable for that.
trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Yeah. Id be happy with one off rounds extended. Sprint races with one off rounds extended works a treat for the V8 Supercars series.
Our only problem is we don't have Bathurst.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by supaslax Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:03 am

i agree with james.. the laps we are doing now dont really feel like a race to me.
supaslax
supaslax

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:19 am

Were only 5 mins or so behind actual WTCC races. Laguna was shorter granted by about 5 laps, but most of the tracks we race on long laps. Maybe we should race by distance and not time or number of laps that way shorter tracks would get more laps.
So Spa was a nice length race in terms of time for me.
So at 7km (4.35 miles) Spa races were 49 km (30.45 miles).

That means at Zandvoort we need 11 laps for same length race. I could live within that! But instead of adding a lap for race 2 and 3 keep them at 11 so they stay a little shorter.

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesblast46 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:53 pm

I know I was to slow.
I need more practice, but a 7 lap race is for me like forza arcade racing.
I wont be in tonight, I just don't always have the time to practice and I know I don't stand a chance to take victory.
I also know that if I don't like it, I don't have to play, but this is the only group of people I know who are really serious racers. I don't think I will join that many times, but I was really looking forward last week and then half an hour later I was finished and playing GTA.
Now I don't get to race that often (I have to claim the tv and my girl isn't that fond of gaming) but when I do (lol) I want to have a race.
I know that you guys were ahead, but my laptimes were improving (last lap of the last race was my fastest) and I would probably never caught you guys, but with a longer race
I would have the feeling that I had a chance.
Now I knew after 3-4laps that it was over for me and my motivation was gone. Someone had a drivethrough so I finished 4th once.
In a longer race he could have overtaken me again (if he can pass).
Not trying to mess here or be offensive.But even a kartrace has more laps.
A certain distance for all races+1lap and a mandatory pitstop maybe?
just suggesting here no problem if it stays like it is.
grtzzzz

Jamesblast46

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:39 pm

The benefit of shorter races is you dont need the pace on a reverse grid start, the slowest guy then has a chance to win if you can defend well enough. Longer races you have less chance if off the pace, shorter races gives more guys a chance to win with mixing up the grid like we do.

Also its 3 races, not 1. So in effect its a 21 lap race.

We can change to longer race formats in the next league for sure, but the idea here is to give a chance for all to run at the front. Look at the last meeting how Bootleg held the lead well, until he made a mistake. But without that mistake could of won that race, which then also puts him in front for the last race. It is possible to defend a car a second faster for a few laps, but not through pit stops and a longer race.

Shorter races make it more competitve for all. Longer races mean the faster guys will just pull away further.
Some like endurance and pit stops, i kinda do too but many just want to log in and race. So this WTCC is to encourage guys to play Race Pro. Its our feeder series so we can create other leagues, some with longer pit stop races yes.
Twister42
Twister42

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:58 pm

I wish we would just forget the prospect of having pitstops. The pits in Race Pro are bugged and even when it isn't its hard to use without a lot of practice and not pick up penalties. Pitstops will only have a negative outcome on races based on my past experience.

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Yeah the pits on most tracks have serious bugs, but some tracks like Spa, its apparently fine. Im yet to try it in a race, but guys have commented on here that its not a issue. Mind you, i did use the pits in our race here when i tried to serve a penalty...it gave me a time penalty even though i was in the pits, might be because it was a last lap pitstop though.

I love a long races but fear it will make out numbers decline, but nothing wrong with more than 1 league catering for all needs. Personally i love the current format we have. I do think more exciting cars are needed though...and i really find FWD dull lol.
Twister42
Twister42

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Personally I would just add a few of laps based on what i suggested above.
Keep pits out of it.
Pit stops are pointless. Even if you went 20 laps it wont do anything to the racing, as there aren't enough laps to make a strategy work.
For pit stops to be of any benefit then you need at least 2 stops. Which means 30+ laps or more.
And to be quite frank to do that every week for me is a complete and utter put off. I don't have time to practice as it is. So to have to start doing ridiculous amounts of practice to work out when to pit on a 30+ race is not my cup o tea.

Sprint races just work. Your pit stop comes at the end of each race if you like except with the added bonus of instead of aimlessly driving through the pits for no apparent reason other than the rules stating you have to stop for no reason, the grids are reset and your given an opportunity to score a win or podium or improve on your last result!

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2