Sim Experience SA Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 4 : Zandvoort

+5
Rui JR
Torg22
Twister42
trevisio
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 4 : Zandvoort - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4 : Zandvoort

Post by Twister42 Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:00 am

Awesome video there Trevisio. I been considering karting, we have a great track a stones throw from my house right by the main circuit. I raced a 150cc bike around the kart track, its such a nice course. Apparently we can get a free days testing in a Birel 125c...so might have to do it and film it to show you guys.

I did the usual indoor karting here, and have always been fairly quick there. Did you guys see the Red Bull Challenge? If not keep your eyes open for it. Basically Red Bull go worldwide to the public kart places and setup a laptime chart. Top 10 from each place go into a regional final, top 10 regional into a national and the top national 2 i think go to the world finals. Last year i heard about it 2 days before it ended, and was just off breaking my collar bone on the bike on track so not fit or strong and missed out. When i went back 3 weeks later i did a time that was 0.4 off the top SA time, and the eventual winner of the competition. So pretty bummed i could of made it in, so if i can...you guys can too!

PC games...no need for 3 screens, it does help having tried it going back to single i slike driving with 1 eye close now. But it still works fine. Im very surprised, i setup Assetto Corsa on a friends laptop, nothing special a Asus laptop with Intel graphics and it runs the game fine on low detail settings at 1366x768 so pretty impressed. GTR2 will run on old even comadore spec machines lol. It does not even know how to use multiple prcessors lol.
Twister42
Twister42

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by duco3101 Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:24 am

Im familiar with the Red Bull Challenge lol. A few years ago we had it at an indoor track here in Amsterdam. It was a farce. One kart was like 1.5s faster than all the other karts so everyone wanted that kart haha. You couldnt do much in the other karts.

Trevisio, wouldnt it be better to stay off the racing line?

I see you understeering and applying full lock all the time. Driving the racing line is making life very difficult to get that kart turning.
In my experience, even if it's not that wet, on slicks it's always faster to avoid the racing line, even in faster corners.

Nice video btw

duco3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Cronnie Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:53 am

Palm face lol

Cronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by trevisio Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:05 am

Yes Duco its normally best to drive off the racing line in the wet. but somehow on this particular circuit (near Silverstone - Whilton Mill) there's sometimes more grip on line or even on the inside line in the wet. Luckily not every driver in the race realised this haha. It was a red bull driver that took me out in the video, its a nice idea in concept that red bull kart fight thing but there's no minimum weight limit so ultimately only small people win it unfortunately.

Twister you live near a kart track so you have no excuse not to get into it lol

Here's another nice karting race video of mine with comedy commentary as well this time and no rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8ByJQVk5M&sns=em
trevisio
trevisio

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:47 am

Lol, yeah i really need to get there and try the full kart out. Im sure im goingt to get addicted to it though!

Been doing some hot laps in Assetto Corsa for a local challenge and came second...actually set the fastest time but 4 mins too late, damn it all lol.

Right, so after a few days away, after some Asetto Corsa...im now going to have to do some serious practice tonight before the race!

I have not updated the standings...need to get your guys race results from race 1 and race 2 if possible!

Yeah the Red Bull kart challenge here was the same, all about the kart you got and then these skinny stig figure guys win, and i mean im small, 5'68" and they dwarf me and they skin and bones, im a sporty build. Yet i set a time 0.4 off the best time so was kinda a personal victory hahaha.

Nice videos Trev...keep em coming great to watch. Only videos of me race were on the last bike and slowest bike i rode. This bike had so many issues. The national record when this bike was new was 1:16.8 so not too bad all things considered. The sleves were loose in the motor so it ran about 115 degrees lol, which also meant it would not change gears. I was also offered the ride last minute as a once off and had no money so tires were donated from a friend, they were shot to hell and back too, plus i still had to practice on them before i qualified and raced. I still managed to go over a second on it than its current owner ever managed in the 2 years he owned it. I literally rode the bike for about a hour before i raced it. So for those who like bikes, and have not seen them...

I qualified in pole in my class, and finished 3rd overall for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTajcU3cZiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhlN_fEy35k

Racing is just awesome...just wish it was more affordable.
Twister42
Twister42

Back to top Go down

Post by Torg22 Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi twister. I sent you photos to your email of the results after Zandvoort last Monday. Did you not receive them?

Torg22

Back to top Go down

Post by Twister42 Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

Oh hey Torg...no never received them. Wonder if they sitting in the sapam folder, let me check quick!
Twister42
Twister42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2